Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Book Review: The One Year Home and Garden Devotions by Sandra Byrd


I am always on the lookout for a good devotional book.  I had no idea that Tyndale publishers offer several different devotionals with different themes that are intended to be read in a year.  As a person who loves my home, and is always just finishing, looking to begin or right in them middle of some sort of home improvement project, The One Year Home and Garden Devotions seemed to really fit my needs.  Obviously, I haven't yet read the whole book, but I'm very pleased with it so far.
The entries are dated, but you can start at any point in the book.  While I usually prefer undated pages, I like it here, so I don't have to worry about missing a day and getting off track.  I always know what day I need to read.  The entries are short enough that even if I miss a few days, I can easily catch up.  I love the little devotions written in this book.  They begin with some sort of story or example, and then draw a spiritual application.  Each entry ends with a scripture verse to ponder through the day.  Each example is somehow related to the home or garden, but not so much that you won't enjoy this book if you aren't a DIY-er or gardener.  Each month also includes a tip or project that fits that particular season, and I can't wait to try some of them. 
If you're looking for new devotional to give you a little fuel in the morning and something to think about during the day, I recommend The One Year Home and Garden Devotions.  If, however, you don't think this particular title applies to you, check out all of Tyndale's devotional in The One Year series.  I think you'll find one you'll enjoy.

Happy Reading!
Lyndsie

I was given a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for my review.  All opinions are my own and a favorable review was not required. 

No comments:

Post a Comment