Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Transformation Tuesday-Easter Edition







Today I'm taking a minute to look back and recognize the progress I've made since this time last year.  At the beginning of this year I posted this quote to my Instagram page, "Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same."  While that may seem to be pretty obvious, it's actually easier said than done.  But it's the truth.  I have been on a journey to lose the 60 lbs I gained while pregnant, and a few more on top of it.  But I grew complacent along the way, and by the holidays was pretty much on a plateau, gaining and losing the same few pounds over and over again.  One of my New Year's goals was to lose weight, and I started out by making some important changes.  I've started working out 5-7 times a week, drinking only water, counting calories and eating less processed foods.  Since the beginning of the year I've lost 12 lbs!  The great part is, that I've done this without really depriving myself of the foods that I love.  I really like to eat, and I like food, so cutting things out just hasn't worked for me in the past.  But by really watching portion sizes, exercising and not drinking my calories every day, I'm seeing results without depriving myself of the things I love.

 photo DSC00924_zpsnkqkeyfc.jpg

Easter 2014


This is me last Easter.  Even though I had lost all of my baby weight, I still was overweight, and truly not happy with myself.  Looking back at this picture now is an embarrassment to me, but it's also a great testimony of how far I've come! 
 photo iPhone Pics 260_zpsbhv6l5k5.jpg

Easter 2015

I'm down 13 lbs from last Easter, and while I still have a few more to go to reach my goal weight, I'm really happy with my progress so far.  I feel like a new person!  I don't feel self-conscious any more when I'm in a crowd of people.  I don't feel the need to pull and tug at my clothes hoping to disguise the lumps underneath.  I'm even starting to see some ab definition!

 photo iPhone Pics 258_zps5cnpcuas.jpg

Before I lost this weight, I didn't take pictures like this!  I was more comfortable in a crowd than by myself.  But now, looking at this just makes me happy!  It gives the encouragement to keep working and fighting.  I've changed a lot, but my desire to change is still here.  I don't want to be the same--I WON'T be the same!  I have proven to myself what I'm capable of, and I refuse to give up.  The journey isn't easy, but it's worth it.  And it's about so much more than being skinny.  It's also about being strong and healthy.  It's about feeling good, and feeling good about myself.   
Now I'm staring out on a new journey to lose the rest of my weight to reach my goal.  I read a great book called The No More Excuses Diet by Maria Kang and it's given my a great plan to get where I want to be.  I've got a review of it coming later this week.  You don't want to miss it!  I'm also starting a new workout program.  My husband and I bought Focus T25 from BeachBody.  I'm loving it so far. 
So here's to spring, new beginnings and changes!  I can't wait to see how far I can go!





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! There are few things as liberating as feeling good about your body. And you've made the transformation in the right way - slow and steady.

    P.S. You look great!

    ReplyDelete