Monday, April 6, 2015

Book Review: A Heart's Obsession by Colleen Coble


Book number two in Colleen Coble's Journey of the Heart  series was much like the first one.  While I really enjoy the basic story line, there are things about it that drive me crazy!  Everything seems to happen incredibly fast.  Papa is dead. They're leaving in two days.  They've suddenly arrived.  Rand is engaged, although he thought only two months ago he could never love anyone else.  Whether or not he loves Jessica still remains to be seen.  Ben Croftner is on his way to the fort almost before Sarah herself can arrive there.  I wish that the story could stretch just a little further.  However, these books have so many things that we love to read in a good love story: a true love like Sarah's for Rand, a fiancé who is mean and horrible and needs to be exposed, men in uniform, multiple suitors and parties with fancy dresses.  
I will continue to read this series, because I really do want to know what's going to happen to Sarah and Rand, as well as Ben.  But if I buy all of these books, I will wait until they are released as series.  Otherwise it would be too frustrating to wait from one to the next. 

Happy Reading,
Lyndsie


I was given an advance copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for my review.  All opinions are my own, and a favorable review was not required. 

No comments:

Post a Comment