Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Book Review: Becoming Myself by Stasi Eldredge

Stasi Eldredge definitely has a gift for speaking to women, and really helping them to understand themselves, and, maybe, feel a little bit better about their lives.  This book started out really strong, and brought tears to my eyes more than once.  However, I only made it about halfway through before I got bogged down a little and had to give it up.  Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, since I suffered the same fate while reading Captivating,  which is a similar book written by Stasi and her husband John.  While I felt that the messages contained in both books were really good, they just seemed to me to become repetitive. After struggling for a while, I finally just gave it up.  Maybe I was just trying to read too many books at one time, and one had to fall by the wayside.  (It wouldn't be the first time.)  I wouldn't tell you not to read this, because it may be something that you will enjoy, but it just wasn't for me. 

Happy Reading!
Lyndsie


I was given a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for my review.  All opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment