Monday, November 17, 2014

Book Review: Happy Handmade Home by Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman

I only got this book in the mail a couple days ago, and let me tell you, I devoured it!  It was absolutely wonderful.  My copy is now full of sticky tabs marking projects I want to try, or tips to remember.  These two sisters hit the nail on the head for me with this one.  I wasn't really sure what to expect, since I could tell from the cover that their decorating styles are very different from mine.  I didn't know if there would be any projects here that would interest me.  And while most of the stuff you'll find here is decidedly modern, it can be adapted to fit nearly any décor.  The book is broken down into sections for Living Rooms, Kitchens, Dining Rooms, Bedrooms, Studio Spaces, Outdoor Spaces, Playrooms and Small Spaces.  Each section contains several projects, plus tips and ideas to maximize space and organization, and also how to make rooms your own.  While not every person will like every project, I think everyone can find something here.  Some of my favorites that I hope to try are:  yarn throw pillows, colorful accent art, custom serving dishes, scented candles and a playtime blanket--and those are just a few of the things I marked!  None of the steps for any of the projects are complicated, and I didn't see anything that I couldn't buy at my local Hobby Lobby or Lowe's.  I also loved the "9 Ways" pages where the sisters tell you how to personalize everything from your morning coffee cup, to your throw pillows, to a craft basket.  I will certainly be referring to this book often, and I think I'll hop on over to their blog, A Beautiful Mess and becoming an email subscriber!  Anyone who is looking to personalize and update their home décor without breaking the bank, and isn't afraid of a little craftiness should read this one.  I can almost guarantee you'll find something for you here!


Happy Reading (and crafty decorating!)
Lyndsie


I was given a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for this review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment