Monday, December 1, 2014

Winds of Change

I have to admit my life has been really comfortable lately.  I have a wonderful husband and son that make me really happy.  We have a pretty great routine, that would seem crazy to others, but that really works for us.  But something inside me is ready for a change.  It's time to step out of just the comfortable and take some risks.  Now, let me tell you that I am not a risk taker.  I'd rather sit safely on the side of the pool than risk diving off the board.  I can't even tell you the number of times I've missed out on something I really wanted to do because I was afraid to fail, or not do well.  For instance, you may think from this blog that my only hobby is reading--a lot.  But the truth is I spend most of my spare time these days sitting at my sewing machine and creating beautiful quilts.  I never write about it here because I'm afraid that no one will like what I've made, or that they won't be as good as someone else's.  I also love to bake.  Cookies are my specialty, but I can whip up a mean pie and sometimes cakes, too.  But they aren't always pretty or perfect, so I usually keep them to myself.  Isn't that silly? 
One of my favorite Bible verses says, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear: but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (II Timothy 1:7)  I think I'll be quoting that one a lot in the next few weeks and months.  I'm planning to make some big changes in my life, and I'm really scared about it!  What if I fail?  What if it doesn't go as well as I hope?  What if people don't get it and laugh at me?  The truth is, though, I'll never know unless I try. 
I'm still working out some of the details, but I'll give you a little sneak peak.  So far this blog has been mostly about the books I read, but I really want to expand that.  I want to show you my projects and recipes and life--even the stuff that doesn't work out like I plan.  I want to expand my reader base, and encourage everyone to join my quest to try things that scare them, and not be afraid of the results.  After all, can we learn if we never fail?  Since I always have, and always will love to read, I'll still post plenty of book reviews, just a few things in between.  You may notice a few changes to the blog format already.  I'm testing out some new ideas to get ready for the big changes that are coming mid-January, including a new name and URL.  I'd love your feedback about what you think.
Thanks to all of you who read the little things that I write here.  I really hope you like my new stuff, too.  I'm very excited to step out of my comfort zone and try something new.  I'll keep you updated on my plans as I work them out.


Happy Day!
Lyndsie 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment