Thursday, September 24, 2015

Book Review: Love on a Deadline by Kathryn Springer


I love when I find a great new author after reading a novella!  After reading Love on a Deadline I wanted to shout, “Give me all the Kathryn Springer books!  This novella is short but sweet with characters that are lovable.

Mackenzie “Mac” Davis returned to her hometown of Red Leaf to take care of her father after he suffered a heart attack.  She never planned to stay long-term, and she certainly never planned to work at the weekly newspaper forever.  She just needs one great story to help her get her big break, and then she’ll be gone again.  When she’s assigned to cover the story of a hometown girl’s wedding to a movie star, she thinks her time may finally have come.  But the bride’s charming brother may just stand in her way.  Mac had a crush on Ethan Channing in high school, but he broke her heart.  She doesn’t want to let him do it again, but wedding plans continue to throw them together.  If Ethan can convince Mac that he loves her, can they make it work long-distance when she decides to leave?

I loved this book from beginning to end!  I’ve been in a fall-ish mood lately, and this book felt like the perfect opener to the season.  Mac and Ethan are perfect characters, and I loved watching them fall in love!  I definitely recommend this one, and I can’t wait to read more from Kathryn Springer!

 

Happy Reading!

Lyndsie

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for this review.  All opinions are my own.  Love on a Deadline is available now.

No comments:

Post a Comment