Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Book Review: The Wonder of You by Susan May Warren



One of these days I will stop requesting books to read without first checking to see if it’s in a series.  I will stop getting a book just because it has a nice cover.  But until then I will continue to read stories that seem like they’re starting in the middle.  Sometimes this just doesn’t work out well for me, but in the case of The Wonder of You I was able to read and enjoy the story without reading any of the previous books in the series.  Now, though, I must go back and read all the others!  Judging from this one book, the whole series is great.  I did read and review a novella, Evergreen, from this series around Christmas time.  I didn’t really enjoy it at the time, but I think I would have liked it more if I’d read the others.
The Wonder of You is the fourth book in the Christiansen Family series.  It’s about Amelia, who is the youngest of the Christiansen brood.  After graduation she took a trip to Prague, where she met a man, and quickly fell in love with him.  Rourke St. John  is dashing, handsome and everything a European playboy should be.  When Amelia saw him in the arms of another woman, she ran back home in shame and embarrassment.  Now her high school boyfriend wants to convince her that they really do belong together.  She nearly convinced when Rourke shows up to try to win her back.  She decides to give him another chance, but only if he promises never to lie to her again.  Rourke is determined to keep the promise, but does not telling the whole truth count as a lie?
It’s been several years since I’ve read any of Susan May Warren’s books, but I was glad to see that her style is one that I enjoy reading.  Her characters are great, and very relatable and easy to like.  I’m so curious now that I’ve “met” them all.  I can’t wait to go back and read about each individual one.  I like how she manages to weave the stories of multiple family members together into one great book.  There was a part of the book that seemed almost insignificant, that led to a major cliffhanger at the end!  Even though I haven’t read the first three books (yet), I can promise you that I will be reading the fifth one!  I absolutely recommend this book to lovers of Christian fiction.  While there are love stores included in the series, I think at its heart, it’s really about family, the mistakes they make and unconditional love.  You don’t want to miss this one!


Happy Reading!
Lyndsie


I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for this review.  All opinions are my own and a favorable review was not required.

No comments:

Post a Comment