Thursday, January 30, 2014

Four years ago today I woke up early to find it had snowed eight inches during the night.  My dad drove me through the snow to the beauty shop where I got my hair done up all pretty.  I went to the church and put on my pretty white dress and high heels.  A little after one o'clock in the afternoon I walked down the aisle and married the man of my dreams.
One year ago today I woke up even earlier to about six inches of snow on the ground.  Billy and I drove for two hours over treacherous roads to our first appointment with the doctor who would deliver our baby.  We looked at an ultrasound that day and saw our little boy for the first time.
Needless to say, this date is a pretty memorable one for me.  Life hasn't always been easy these past four years, but Billy and I have made it through together.  I can honestly say I love him even more now than I did on that first, snowy, January afternoon.  The last year hasn't always been pleasant, but I can now look at my beautiful baby boy asleep in my arms and know that all the pain and frustration was worth it. 
In the scope of a whole life, four years isn't long.  But when you spend four years with the person you love, your best friend, it's worth a whole lifetime.


Lyndsie

No comments:

Post a Comment