Thursday, May 10, 2012

Beyond The Open Door...

Tomorrow is the day.  I'll close the door on this part of my life, and enter into something totally new. 
A year and a half ago, I needed a job so badly, and God sent me to the bank.  It was exactly the job I needed and I've enjoyed it.  But now I feel just as strongly that He is leading me into something new.
It's always been my dream to stay at home and take care of my husband, and raise my children (someday!), and that time is finally here and the right door has opened for me to realize that dream.  I have so many mixed feelings tonight.  I will miss all of the people I've worked with, who have taught me so much, but at the same time I am so excited about all the new opportunities that are ahead of me. 
It was a hard decision to leave, but I really believe it was the right one.  It's a major change for me, and change makes me really nervous, but I think this is a good change.  These words keep running through my head:

In the things familiar you find security,
Resisting all the changes the days and years can bring.
When God decides to lead you, through an open door,
Inviting to to walk in realms you've never known before.

So tomorrow evening I'll be sad when that heavy metal door slams closed behind me for the last time.  But at the same time, I can't wait to see what's waiting for me through the next door.

Walk on through the door, for the Lord will go before you,
Into a greater power that you've never known before.

Lynz

No comments:

Post a Comment