Monday, April 30, 2012

Sunday Drive

Most people have probably heard of taking a little drive around the country on Sunday after their big dinner.  Of course if you live in Southern West Virginia, a Sunday drive takes on a whole new meaning..
Yesterday afternoon, the hubby and I took a mini-vacation from our recent home improvement efforts (which include finishing our outdoor furniture and painting the front door, pics soon!) and took a little ride on the Hatfield McCoy trail.  We don't have our own side-by-side yet, but my dad is nice enough to loan us his Polaris Rzr, and we always have a blast.  Believe or not, it makes me feel really relaxed.  Since we went between church services, we really didn't have a lot of time to get dirty and clean up again, so we avoided the mud holes to the best of our abilities, but, oh, they were calling my name!  I love splashing through them most of the time.  I don't really like to drive though, just ride along.  I feel safer that way since Billy is a better driver than me!
The views are gorgeous from up there, but we were moving too fast to get very many pictures.   I'll try to do better next time. 







Also, the pumpkins are doing great.  I have seven now, but I''m about to give up on the last three.  I'll be moving them outside in a few days.

And I'm counting down the days until I'm officially what they call a "homemaker!"  Only 9 more days of banking then I'm home for good!  So excited!

Lynz

No comments:

Post a Comment