Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Book Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding by Rachel Hauck

I have a new blog!!  I'll continue to post here until the end of September, 2016.  After that you'll find all of my reviews, plus new content at Not Just a Stay-at-Home Mom.

Some people say that you reach an age where you should stop reading and believing fairy tales.  I believe those people are wrong, and I think Rachel Hauck agrees with me!  I have loved every one of the books in the Royal Wedding series, and I am so sad to see that A Royal Christmas Wedding is the final book.  Somehow Ms. Hauck makes you believe that a prince really can come along and meet an ordinary girl, marry her, and turn her into a princess.  The best thing about this series is that all of the new royal women are Americans!  I, like many Americans, am a royal watcher.  There is just something a bit magical about a king and queen. dukes, duchesses, princes and princesses.   The idea of a small-town southern girl running into a prince, falling in love with him and going to live in his faraway kingdom is definitely my idea of a fairy tale!
A Royal Christmas Wedding brings the series full circle, as Susanna Truitt (the main character of the first novel, who is now married to King Nathaniel) invites her mother, and sister, Avery, to visit Brighton Kingdom for the holidays.  Avery was once in love with Nathaniel's cousin, Prince Colin, but after a whirlwind romance, he abandoned her with no explanation.  It's been five years and Avery has moved on.  She's graduated college and is looking for a job coaching girls' volleyball.  She knows that she will run into Colin if she visits Brighton, but she's willing to go for her mother and sister's sake.  Colin regrets that he walked away from Avery to please his father.  When Avery shows up at the Harvest Ball, Colin realizes that he still loves her.  With the help of two lovable TV show hosts, a long-forgotten tradition and an old rusty bell, Colin will do all that he can to win Avery's heart again.  But once lost, trust is a hard thing to regain, especially when Colin's father hasn't given up trying to ruin his relationship with the American girl.  Can Colin and Avery find happily every after in spite of it all?
I really, really hate to see this series end, but I guess even fictional Brighton Kingdom can only have so many princes available for marriage.  I have loved getting to know all of the characters in this series.  Each story is different and unique, the characters are both diverse and authentic.  The ending of A Royal Christmas Wedding, is probably my favorite so far!  The Christmas morning wedding so beautifully described!  Also, the epilogue that told what happened to the couples from all the books was the perfect way to wrap up a great series.  If you only read one book this Christmas season, this is the one it should be!
A Royal Christmas Wedding will be available on October 18.  If you have read any of the books in this series, I'd love to hear your thoughts!  Leave me a comment below!

I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for this review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment