Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Book Review: Hot Body Year Round by Casey Ho

If you're like I used to be, you think that Pilates is a pretty easy workout with a lot of stretches.  And, just like I used to be, you're wrong!  I've done Pilates a few times, and it's very difficult, but very effective.  Cassey Ho is a fitness instructor and the author of the blog blogilates.comHot Body Year Round is her first book.  She presents the reader with twenty different workout routines separated according to season.  Each workout is intended to target a different part of the body.  Each section also includes lists of healthy, natural foods that are available in that season.  The photography in this book is beautiful!  Cassey gives a great description of each move, indicating which part of the body is being targeted and includes at least one photo to show you what to do.  I haven't gotten a chance to try all of the workouts yet, but from my past Pilates experience I believe they would be effective if I did them faithfully.
As I'm nearing my weight-loss goal, I have been on the lookout for a good program that I can stick to, that will help my maintain my goal.  I think I will give Cassey's Pop Pilates a try.  I know it won't be easy--but nothing that gives good results is.  She makes even the most difficult moves look doable, and even fun.  I'm not a fan of following someone else's meal plans, but she has some great ideas here and I might try some. This is a great book to switch up your workout and keep it fresh all year long.  Lots of good things can be found in these pages!

Happy Reading...and sweating!
Lyndsie

I received this book through the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment