Friday, January 9, 2015

Weekly Wrap

Well, the first week of 2015 has come to an end.  It's been a pretty good week all told, but with a few setbacks.  My goal was to open Little Blue Machine on January 15, but alas, I don't think that's going to happen now.  I was already a little behind in my projects, but on Tuesday I broke the bobbin case in my Brother sewing machine and was forced to order a new one...all the way from Oregon!  Needless to say, that probably won't be here any time soon, so I'll have to push the opening back a little.  Although I am able to use my old machine for now, it's really basic and the going is very slow.  I am thankful to have it though and have to keep reminding my frustrated self that I sewed my first three quilts on this little blue machine (get it?) and I can sew a few little table toppers with it now.  I'm really blessed to have it.  Maybe I should devote a whole post to it?
My goal of eating healthier has gone really well this week.  I'm still waiting for my Beachbody tools and equipment to arrive, so I've been mostly counting calories this week, while focusing on fresh fruits and vegetables.  I've cut out most sugar, and I actually don't miss it much, although I do let myself have a little treat every once in a while.  I'm using the My Fitness Pal app along with my UP by Jawbone band to keep track of steps and sleep as well as things like fiber and carbs.  I have cut back on bad foods, but I really don't feel like I've cut back on eating and I absolutely don't feel hungry.  I've been eating smaller meals, and healthy snacks through the day, and I actually feel pretty good!  I still can't wait to get my Shakeology though!
As for my other goals, I've only read one book so far which really puts me behind, but a few hours of sewing with my Audible app will help me catch up.  I'm actually listening to A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens with a signature performance by Tim Curry.  I know it's a little out of season, but I'm enjoying it a lot.  I've never read the original and I have to tell you that if you haven't either, you really should.  It's so much better than any movie version.  (My favorite is the Disney animated version, though.  Shhhh! Don't tell!)  I'm also really working on cleaning out junk and organizing.  I'm following along with a plan by Becky at cleanmama.net.  Her plan is awesome and you can find it on her Instagram page.  Some of the projects don't take very long, because I did them when I changed out my wardrobe in the fall, but others are making a big difference for me. 
So, how was your first week of 2015?  Are you resolutions/goals going like you hoped?  Leave me a comment and let me know!

Lyndsie

No comments:

Post a Comment