Saturday, January 24, 2015

Weekly Wrap: January 18-24

This has been a great week for me.  I learned something very important that I hope will stick with me forever.  Sometimes the fear of doing something and failing is worse than actually doing it.  I have wanted to sell my handmade stuff for a long time, but was so afraid of failure, or the criticism of others that I held back.  Since I decided to make 2015 a year when I do things that scare me, the first thing I did was to open my Etsy shop "Little Blue Machine" this week.  Not only have my family and friends been very supportive, I made my first sale!  It's an incredible feeling to actually be paid for doing something that I love.  I wish I had done this a long time ago.  I may never replace my previous income by sewing and selling, but if I can make enough to fund my fabric addiction, I'll be happy!
I'm also about to complete my second week of the Beachbody 21-Day Fix, and so far I am thrilled with the results!  I lost 3 pounds in my first week, and I can see definite changes in my eating habits and my body.  I can push through more exercises now in ways that I couldn't do the first week.  I still don't like to exercise, but I tell myself every day that I can spend thirty minutes to improve my health and my self-image.  I love the variety of the exercises included with this program.  I have seven different workouts, so I do each one once a week.  They don't get boring or repetitive that way.  Week three has an option to do two workouts a day for maximum results, and I'm actually considering it.  You wouldn't have heard me say that last week!  I started cutting back and watching calories even before I started the Fix, and I am so happy to say that I've lost 6.5 pounds altogether, and that I now weigh less than I did when I got pregnant, and about the same as when I got married!  I haven't felt this good about myself in a long time.  Even when I veer a little bit off of my Fix plan, I'm making healthier choices overall.  Not only are the pounds and inches coming off, but my digestive health is better than I can remember it being for years!  No tummy aches when I stick to this plan!  Shakeology is amazing!  I drink it every day, usually for breakfast, and add some fruit and peanut butter.  It really makes me feel like I'm cheating because it's so good!
This week has been awesome, and I'm ready to take on the next one.  I know it's going to be a little more difficult because Billy is working on a new schedule, which throws my schedule off.  I'm always inclined to overeat when I'm off my schedule, but I'm really going to fight the impulse this week.  I'm also determined to drink more water.  Even though I drink very little else now, I'm still not drinking enough.  I've never really liked the taste, although I have found that adding some lemon juice or frozen strawberries really perks it up!  I'm also hoping to list a few more items in my shop this week, too.  Some Easter goodies are coming soon as well!
I've made so many positive changes this year, and it's only January.  I'm determined not to lose momentum, but to stay healthy and happy and productive for the whole year!  How was your week this week?  Do you have goals for next week?  Leave me a comment and let me know!


Lyndsie

No comments:

Post a Comment