Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Fitness Steps for Success

You may know that I've set some new fitness goals for 2015.  I guess I set them most years.  But this year I've done a few things differently.  I have set a goal to lose at least twenty pounds, but I want to go beyond that, and learn to lead a healthier lifestyle.  So I've taken some definite steps for success.

Step One: Team Beachbody
I signed up as a coach with Beachbody, and I also have my own coach.  She's really great and offers a lot of encouragement along the way.  So far I haven't asked her a question or gone to her with a problem she hasn't helped me with.  There is also a lot of inspiration to be found when you search "Beachbody" or "Team Beachbody" on Pinterest or Instagram.  I search often and always feel more motivated when I'm done.  I'm still trying to learn all about the coaching part myself, so if you're interested in Beachbody, ask me and I'd love to help! 

Step Two: The 21 Day Fix
The 21 Day Fix is a diet and exercise program that I got through Beachbody.  I've only been doing it for a few days so far, but I feel amazing.  I have seven containers that I fill and eat out of every day.  Most of them I can fill multiple times.  The green on for veggies I get to fill three times, and the purple for fruit I fill twice.  I also get four reds for protein every day.  The containers look so small, but I am amazed at the amount of food that I get to eat.  My only sugar comes from fruit, and I get only a few carbs every day, but I've found that I don't miss that bad stuff much at all.  That's partly due to my third step for success.  I also do a thirty minute workout every day.  Don't let the fact that they're only thirty minutes long fool you!  There is some serious calorie burning going on in my living room!  

Step Three: Shakeology
If you have ever done a Beachbody program before, you have probably heard about their meal replacement shake.  It's different than any other meal replacement I've ever tried.  It comes in several flavors, but I ordered the chocolate this time.  There are so many different recipes and stuff to mix in, that I never have to have the same thing twice.  It helps me feel full and not crave sugar in the afternoon.  Also, good, fresh fruit is hard to come by right now, so I love that I can mix in a cup of frozen berries and get one of my fruit servings for the day.

Step Four: Jawbone Up
I never thought I would be a person who wore a wristband, but now I am.  All I can say is, don't knock it 'til you've tried it!  I sync it with my phone and it gives me great health and fitness tips during the day that keep me motivated.  It counts my steps, and lets me know when I need to work a little harder or sleep a little more.  I find myself making smarter decisions during the day just so that it will tell me I've done a good job when I sync before I go to bed!  

Step Five: Sharing
The thought of sitting down here and writing on this blog that I've failed to meet this goal is great motivation to keep me going at it every day.  I want to be able to show you what great progress I've made and really inspire you to want to make healthier choices too!  That's one of the reason's I chose Beachbody.  I like having other people to encourage me along the way.  It's great to see someone else's progress and know that with hard work and dedication I can see results too.  I'd love to tell you how you can join Team Beachbody.  Just email me through my "contact" link above. 

I'm hoping that by the time 2016 rolls around I will be a much healthier (and skinnier) person.  But more than that I want to have a healthier lifestyle for many more years to come.

Do you have any tips for fitness success?  Leave me a comment and let me know what they are!  

Lyndsie

No comments:

Post a Comment