Friday, July 11, 2014

Book Review: The Night Before by Luanne Rice


I'm not even sure if I can call this a book review, since this a short story.  I thought it was a little odd, until I realized that it's really meant for fans of Ms. Rice's other series.  I've seen Luanne Rice's books on Amazon and in bookstores for years, but this was my first time reading one.  It is obvious from just the first few sentences that she is an extremely talented author.  Her ability to pull you into a story so quickly is nothing short of amazing. 
This is a short story about a storm that happens the night before a wedding on a Christmas tree farm.  The story is told through the eyes of Lydia Madison, the owner of the farm.  As the wedding of her dear friends' daughter approaches, she is reminded of the circumstances that brought them together many years ago.  She met her best friend, Sara Castillo, in Mexico when she was in college.  They remained close through the years, and Lydia opened her home to Sara's daughter, Isabelle, to come and live with her.  This is a sweet story that is a reminder of the beauty and sacrifice of friendship, and how one moment can change a lifetime.  This story is a tie-in for some of Ms. Rice's other series, and if her goal was to whet my appetite to read those, she succeeded!  I will be looking to read more of her books very soon!
The Night Before is now available for free in the Amazon Kindle store.  I do recommend that you read it, but prepare to read more books from Ms. Rice along with it!

Happy~short story~Reading!
Lyndsie

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my review.  All opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment