Thursday, December 12, 2013

Book Review:Trapped by Irene Hannon

When I read Vanished last year, I was excited to see the second book in Irene Hannon's Private Justice series.  The title is Trapped, and it is just as intriguing as the first!  It was great to follow another of the Phoenix detectives as he solved a difficult case and won a lady's heart in the process.
In Trapped Laura Griffith's sixteen year-old sister, Darcy, has disappeared from their St. Louis home.  Laura hires James "Dev" Devlin from the Phoenix Detective Agency to help find her.  They are hindered by the worst snow storm to hit St. Louis in years, but it is the same storm that they believe has kept Darcy from escaping the city.  Darcy is indeed still close by-and in more danger than anyone knows.
As with Vanished I was captivated from the first page.  It was suspenseful and exciting.  I love the characters and the plot line.  Some parts of the story are a little predicable, but not so much as to make the story boring.  My favorite part of Ms. Hannon's books is that you can know from the beginning who the guilty person is, but she can still keep you on the edge of your seat hoping that the detectives will figure it out in time.  Sometimes I find myself nearly screaming at them because they are so close to the solution.  Ms. Hannon is a genius at bringing you to the very edge of solving the mystery, then pulling back again.
I recommend this book, as well as it's prequel to anyone who enjoys a good, clean detective story with a little romance thrown in.  I don't think you'll be disappointed here.

Happy Reading!
Lyndsie

P.S. Read my review of Vanished here

No comments:

Post a Comment