Monday, February 18, 2013

Book Review: The Chance by Karen Kingsbury

I've been so wrapped up in all that's going on lately that I nearly forgot about this review that I've been waiting to do.  I read The Chance one night in December when I couldn't sleep and decided to stop trying for a while and read.  Three hours later I wiped away the tears, turned off my Kindle and went to sleep.  I believe this book is just proof of why Karen Kingsbury is one of the most popular Christian authors of our time.  Her books are never what you expect.  We don't live in a perfect, happy world, and neither do her characters, but in the end, God always gives them a happy ending.  Just like real life, it might not be what they thought they wanted, but it's the best.
The Chance is about Ellie and Nolan, two best friends driven apart by circumstances.  Their lives are separated by miles of distance and years of time.  Nolan made all of his dreams come true, but he never forgot his first love, and never stopped searching for her.  Ellie made mistakes in her life, and even though she followed Nolan's career, she felt unworthy to ever be with him again.  They made a promise to one day meet back where they parted, but it seemed that circumstances and shame would keep them apart.
This book kept me on the edge of my seat all the way to the end.  I cried at the pain of the characters and the redemption and forgiveness they eventually found.  I hadn't read any of Ms. Kingsbury's books for a while, and this one reminded me why I love her books so much.  If you have read her other books, you'll add this to your list of favorites.  If you haven't read any of her other books, make this the first, and you won't be disappointed.

Happy Reading!
Lyndsie

No comments:

Post a Comment