Thursday, November 1, 2012

My November Reading List

"Who Could That Be at This Hour?" (All the Wrong Questions)

So good to be online again!  We thought the storm had ended for us, but it had a few more effects.  On Tuesday night the power went out for about four hours.  So I lit a few candles and the kerosene heater and spent the evening in the kitchen, doing some reading.  I had my Kindle Fire, so the lack of light was no problem.  The thing I love most about my Fire, is that I can read a sample of a book before I buy the full version.  This has saved me from buying several books that I would really not have enjoyed. I had a sample of Lemony Snickett's new book Who Could That Be At This Hour? which is the first book in the All the Wrong Questions series.  Let me just say that as soon as my internet came back on, I bought the full version!  I know that this book is really written for children, but I have read some of the books in A Series of Unfortunate Events.  The books were very entertaining, and the movie with Jim Carey is considered a classic in my family.  So that's the first book in my November reading list.
Full DisclosureMy second book is a new release by Dee Henderson.  I used to be a loyal fan of Ms. Henderson, and have read and/or own every book she has written so far.  I have waited for several years for her next book, and the wait has ended! Full Disclosure promises to be an action-packed adventure with a touch of the romance that is her trademark.  I've been planning to buy this book since it's release last month, but I haven't gotten around to it so far. 



Around the World in Eighty Days (Bantam Classics)

I also decided recently to read some classics.  The first one I've chosen is Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne.  I'm about 1/3 of the way through already, and so far I have enjoyed it a lot.  I read an illustrated version when I was just a kid, but I thought I should read the original too. 
The Will of WisteriaLastly, I have chosen a book from my own shelf.  The Will of Wisteria by Denise Hildreth.  This book is on my Fav Books of All Times list for a reason.  It doesn't contain a lot of action, but it is a solid read, with a great story.  I've read it several times and enjoyed every one.  This is the only one of Ms. Hildreth's books that I have read, but I may have to remedy that soon... 
I have a few books waiting for approval from some of the publishers I review for, so be on the lookout for reviews of those as well as the ones I've listed here. 
I'd love to hear from some of you who have found my blog.  Do you have a book (or books) on your shelf that you read over and over and it's just as good every time?  Leave me a comment and let me know.  I'm always on the lookout for a great read, old or new!

Lyndsie

  







No comments:

Post a Comment